Junior update this week includes:
- Training Time Table
- Rostered Jobs
- SSLSC Inaugural Junior Teams Day
- Nippers Movie Night
- Junior State Championships Days 1, 2 & 3
- Junior State Champs Dinner / Wrap Up
- Save the Date 4th April – Presentation Day
Board Training – muster at 4:45pm for a 5:00pm start
March Past Training – 11:45 pm Saturday usual muster spot.
Nipper Training – 12:45pm Saturday muster on the grass as usual on the Southern side of the Club. 1:00pm – to the Beach for Junior Club Championships see below for details.
Presentation of the Brian ‘Ducky’ Donnell OAM – Nipper Teams Cup from 3pm upstairs in the Club.
This week the rostered jobs are:
Board Washing – Under 6’s & 7’s
Canteen – Under 9’s, 2 volunteers to assist please (enclosed shoes)
2020 Inaugural Junior Teams Day
Semaphore SLSC will will launch a new era for our Junior program. This event will be run during the normal Nipper training session however there will be a major difference. All Nippers, Age Group Managers and Assistants will be allocated across 8 teams which will compete against each other for the coveted Brian Donnell Perpetual Trophy.
The details that can be released are as follows
- 8 Teams – BAMPTON, DAISY, FREEKY, BREEDS, WANGA, DOGGSY, MANDY, and BIGGSY
- All Nippers, Age Group Managers, and all Assistants to be allocated across the 8 teams with team allocations to be announced on Saturday at muster.
- 5 Events and 1 Theory Paper
- All team members will compete in every event. So make sure you bring your bathers etc cause you will get wet!!!!
- Only Nipper Equipment to be utilised (yes that means Nipper Boards)
- Event Officials – Steph and Paul Breden, Ian Biggs, & Raelene Donnell
- SWIM RELAY
- WADE (Novelty)
- SPRINT RELAY
Family Movie Night
Family Movie Night
Don’t forget our Family Movie Night at the club this Saturday 29th February.
Details are –
- From 6pm with movies starting at approx. 6:30pm
- Instead of 2 features we will be screening a few animated shorts and then a feature ensuring an early night for our Nippers.
- $5 per head or $20 Family (max of 5) – includes Pizza, Popcorn and Ice Blocks.
- More details HERE
Don’t forget to bring your bean bags, rugs and cushions to get comfy
Junior State Champs 14th March & 21st-22nd March
Day 1, 2 & 3 of Junior State Championships are scheduled over two consecutive weekends. Day 1 will be on 14th March and Day 2 & 3 on the following weekend (21st & 22nd March)
Nominations to attend this carnival will be required next weekend. To be eligible you must have all your age group proficiencies (prelim, competition and surf ed) as well as have competed in at least 1 Junior Carnival during the course of the 2019/20 season.
Detailed schedules should be released from Surf House next week and we will pass on details as soon as possible.
Junior State Champs Dinner / Wrap Up – 22nd March
Once the competition wraps up on the beach why not head back to the Club for a meal and wrap-up of Junior State Champs.
Simple meals are available Sunday night at the Club from 5:30pm with a member discount.
Don’t Miss It!!!
Nipper Breakup / Presentation Day – 4th April
Join us to celebrate and wrap up this year’s season at Presentation Day.
Presentations include junior participation medals; coaches awards; and male and female age group runners up and champions for 2019/20. The male and female SLSSA Nipper of the year nominees will also be announced.
Draft Schedule Includes:
- 12:00pm – Gourmet BBQ
- 12:45pm – Presentations Start
- 2:30pm – Traditional Shaving Cream Fight