We are putting a call out for all members interested in forming a committee to look into setting up Semaphore SLSC as a 2023 Fringe Venue, and then following to book and run mid week fringe events at the club. The BOM is happy to move forward with this if there are people prepared to undertake the work.
At this stage we are simply seeking members who are interested in starting up this committee, Kat (our Bar Manager) has expressed interest in being on the committee, but is not going to be able to run this on her own. Ideally the committee would need to meet in the next 1-2 weeks to enable for the club to get registered in time to then start arranging contracted show/s and then get them registered as events in time.
The following link provides information on the process, including a copy of the presentation they held a week ago for interested venues / artists.
If your interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Calling all Members!! Join us for Semaphore SLSC’s Awards night where we will celebrate the 2020/21 Season in style.
WHEN : Saturday 16 July, 6:30pm (7pm start to proceedings)
WHERE : Semaphore SLSC, Pt Malcolm Reserve, Semaphore Park
COST: $15 (covering Gourmet Grazing Tables and Entertainment)
TICKETS AVAILABLE FROM EVENTBRITE CLICK HERE
The Awards to be presented are
- SLSSA Education Certificates and Medals such as Bronze and Silver medallions.
- Surf Sports Awards – Youth Athlete of the Year and Athlete of the Year.
- Patrol Awards including SRC of the Year & Patrol Person of Year, 200, 500 and 1000 Patrol Hours inductees, as well as other milestone awards. Not to forget the coveted Golden Tongs and GoldenWhisk Awards, we’ll have to wait and see if the Golden Oar makes an appearance.
- Club Awards, like our West Lakes Rotary sponsored Volunteer Awards, and the most revered Club Person Award.
Once formal proceedings are over we will be entertained by Troy Benson who recently graced one of our Sunday Sessions
Troy Benson is a multi-instrumentalist and songwriter from Adelaide bands, The Yellow Wallpaper and Orelia. Stepping out solo with gentle, but at times, raucous tenacity, Troy will play all our favourites.
The Club’s Footy Tipping Competition presentation will be held on Sunday Nov. 1st from 4 – 8pm.
Discount Drink Prices for all 2020 Club Competition Tipsters
Attendees are encouraged to bring a platter
So come on down to Semaphore SLSC and celebrate the season, or drown your sorrows as we recognise this years top tipster.
To all Members and their families, please join us on New Year’s Eve at the Club to bring in the New Year & to witness the Semaphore Fireworks display from one of the best spots along the coast!!
The clubrooms will be open from 7pm until the completion of the Fireworks.
BYO Supper & Bar facilities will be available.
On Tuesday the 4th of December, the Club hosted a lunch for the FOSSLS – Former Old Semaphore Surf Life Savers, a group of Life & other Members most whose association with the Club dates back to our infancy in the mid to latter half of last century.
The group of around 40, meet a few times a year, but this was the first time that they have met in the newly refurbished club rooms. After a tour of the new facilities, our special guests sat down for a feed & a few old tales on the balcony.
The weather was great but the company & mateship was even better!
Nippers Disco – Saturday 8th December 6:30 to 9:00pm
We’re having a Nippers Disco at the club on Saturday December 8. All age groups are welcome!
Entry is $10 which includes pizza and a drink – doors open from 6pm.
Tunes supplied by our resident music man Jason Sym-Choon
Adults are Free, (as per training parent/guardian presence is required)
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- 20/21 Jnr States Program
- 2020/21 Annual Report
- 2023/24 Membership Renewal
- 2023/24 Memberships @Semaphore SLSC
- 2023/24 Spring / Summer Bistro Menu
- Bar List – Spring / Summer 2023/24
- Bunnings BBQs
- Come and Try Nippers
- First Aid
- Function Enquiry Form
- Functions @ Semaphore SLSC
- Juniors Galleries
- Life Saving
- March Past
- Nippers Season Handbook
- Our Board of Management
- Our Club
- Patrol Clothing and Accessory Catalogue
- Patrol Roster
- Post States Dinner
- Rescue and Resuscitation
- Seabirds Inclusive Nipper Program
- Semaphore SLSC Board of Management and General Business
- Semaphore SLSC Members Card
- Semaphore SLSC Strategic Plan
- Senior Carnival 2 Report
- Senior Carnival 3- Moana
- Seniors Galleries
- Sign up for email updates
- SLSSA – Official Nippers Calendar
- Welcome to Semaphore Surf Life Saving Club
- Welcome to the Semaphore Surf Life Saving Club
- Surf Sports
- Functions, Semaphore Bar and Bistro
- Contact Us
- Terms & Conditions
No images available at the momentFollow Me!