Nipper Training 12:45pm to 3pm Saturdays
Come and Try Registration & Sign In Desk Open from 11am
Pre-complete the Come and Try Waiver, link below.
Want to try Surf Life Saving as a sport for your kids without having to commit to a full season then Come & Try is for you.
- Our Nipper Come & Try program runs from season start to our Christmas breakup, $25 for 3 attendances. This fee will be deducted from the membership fee if you decide to sign up and complete the rest of the season (mid to late March)
- We have 8 separate Age Groups (Under 6 to Under 13). Allocation to an Age Group is defined by your child’s age as at Midnight 30th September (no exceptions).
- Under 8 to Under 13 must complete a proficiency test before being able to fully participate in the water part of the training. Each age group has its own proficiency requirement (involving a float, a parallel to beach swim and an open water swim). But your child will not be alone as every participant must pass each years proficiency requirement for their Age Group.
- It’s important to understand that while we teach beach/water safety and life saving techniques we are not a swim school. Children must be involved in learn to swim classes independently. Strong swimming skills is a necessity to be successful in Surf Life Saving and Surf Sports.
- We want you to get involved too. This is not a drop and go activity all kids are required to have a parent/guardian/carer on the beach too. So why not join in the fun. No experience required.
Long Sleeve Training Top
Broad Brimmed Hat
Towels x 2
Change of Clothes