The Semaphore SLSC is having it’s Boaties meeting on Sunday 17th September at 4pm. The meeting is to give everyone some information about rowing this season.
An exciting time for some of our younger members. This is the first year that Surf Life Saving is allowing members who are 15 years of age to row (in the right conditions), so we are inviting anyone aged 15 right through to Masters (there is a 60+ age group in Masters).
If you are a school rower looking for something different, a parent looking for some fitness while you kids are at Nippers or training, or someone looking for a change of scenery, then surf boat rowing is a great way to get involved with surf life saving in a team environment. It won’t take you long to pick up the skills with some experienced coaches around the Club.-
For more information on what the top end of surf boat rowing looks like, check out this Youtube Clip
See you at the meeting!
Semaphore Surf Life Saving Club is proud to be hosting the ASRL SA 2017 Awards Night.
Semaphore Surf Life Saving Club
6:30pm for 7:00pm start$45pp (not inclusive of alcohol)
$5 Drink specials
(Beer, Wine, Cider, Champagne)
Gourmet Cocktail Food includedDress to impress: Cocktail Attire
Point Malcolm Reserve
Semaphore Park, South Australia 5019
After reviewing entries for Senior States Day 1, the Youth Cameron heats will not be run this weekend.
All those entered this weekend have automatically qualified for the Cameron finals that will be run on day 3 of States as per program.
** No further entries will be taken for this event ( Please note: Youth Male may need to run a semi on Day 3 pending conditions at Moana).
Day 2 & 3 programs will be released in the coming days.
We have reviewed the officials quota for Senior States Day 1, due to only running two water Arenas & No sprints or flags for this event.
Clubs who required 2- 4 officials have dropped by 1, clubs who required 5+ officials has dropped by 2. Updated requirements can be found in the attached circular.
- As per previous seasons – we do not allow entries on the day for championship events. If you have any entrants you would like to entered that is not on your ems, you need to notify State Centre prior to noon the working day before the carnival.
This is so eligibility requirements can be checked for both Juniors & Seniors. You will still be able to change entries for competitors already entered into the carnival on the day ( Administration fees apply).
- As per previous seasons – Clubs can only nominate One team for the All Age Beach Relay
Master Surf Boats @ South Port
- Please see attached note from South Port SLSC regarding festivities down at the club
8:30am carnival committee meeting
8:40am team managers meeting
8:50am marshal for first race
For categories with 6 or less crews there will be three rounds of round robin and for categories with 7+ there will be three rounds and a final
Senior States Day 2 & 3 @ Moana
- Moana Surf Club is open for meals on Friday prior to states from 6pm. The club serves a variety of “pub style” meals at $15 and under. They will also be putting on some specials for Senior States competitors. Bookings are essential to Karen on 0439 081 258 firstname.lastname@example.org
- The club is also considering opening for meals on the Saturday evening, although this is down to interest. For any competitors staying at the campsite, this might be ideal for you. If you are interested in a group booking, please contact Karen.
- Moana Beach Tourist Park has some great deals on for the weekend, book in quick as spaces are going fast! Contact Barry on 8327 0677