After a short but sweet absence Gregg returns this Saturday 22 Jan from 9am with his magnificent breakfast, lunch and post training offerings, see the menus below for details.
This Saturday looks like it is going to be beautiful – a perfect day for hot coffee and brekkie on the balcony.
We welcome Largs Bay Swim Center as a Bronze Sponsor of Semaphore SLSC. Many of our Club’s members have enjoyed a long relationship with the Center and this has lead to this great business coming on board as official Club Sponsors.
Many of our Nippers currently enjoy the learn to swim classes with some already graduated to the squad programs and as such have joined the majority of our Youth and Senior competitors.
In fact we would urge any Nipper wanting to be successful in surf competition, if not currently undertaking learn to swim or squad sessions, to do so. It is one of the most important skills in Surf Life Saving. Just because you can stay afloat in a pool doesn’t mean you can complete a 150m open water proficiency swim.
We even have a Club swim nights as part of the centre’s Aussies Squad on Wednesday nights from 7pm, or once graduated from the learn to swim program we have a squad for our Nippers simply to assist in building endurance for surf swimming.
Contact the Centre on 8341 6062 to ask about the right session for you or your children.
As highlighted in the last update, Government direction can change quickly and dramatically. Accordingly, we will soon be returning to similar restrictions that were in place before Thursday’s COVID lock down.
So, to reinforce where we are as a Club effective midnight Saturday 21 November 2020 until advised otherwise:
Sport and Education
- Club gym will remain closed (this will be reviewed early next week);
- Change rooms and showers are closed (other than essential toilet use);
- All training activities are suspended with no Club equipment to be removed from the Club for personal use;
- Carnival events scheduled for remainder of November 2020 will not go ahead as planned; and
- Face to face proficiencies and training activities (i.e. Bronze Course) are postponed.
Bar and Bistro next week will continue to trade however:
- Bistro will take place Thursday and Friday nights with bookings essential and a 10 person maximum per booking in place;
- Club hours will change on Saturday 28 November 2020 (4pm to 8pm);
- Club capacity will be significantly reduced with the reintroduction of the 4m2 rule;
- No standing consumption of alcohol (inside and outside);
- Seated dining only; and
- All members and non-members must sign in on entry and on exit
For further clarity, this weekend as the lock down remains in place on Saturday the bar will not be open and no training will occur. The bar will however be open from 4pm Sunday 22 November 2020 under the rules highlighted above.
In the interest of public safety, roving patrols with reduced numbers have been authorised for Saturday and will occur as roving patrols only for all future patrols until advised otherwise. Club Captain Andrew Edwards will coordinate this with individuals as required.
Further targeted information will be provided through our social media, website and text/email facilities to keep you updated. For further SA Government Restrictions information https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/recovery
Stay safe and stay connected.
We will be entering a float at this year’s Port Adelaide Christmas Pageant, which is being held on Saturday November 17th in Port Adelaide. It would be great to have as many Juniors and Seniors marching as possible.
We understand that its the night before the first Carnival but we are expected to be finished by 7pm.
We will be towing one Surf Boat and will take up to ten juniors in the boat. Names will be taken on a first come first served basis but with priority placed on the younger children getting preference over the older kids.
We would love to see any SRC’s and Bronzies in uniform to assist in supervising while the floats are in motion!!!
Sorry mums/dad’s with younger kids your attendance will also be required!!
Dress for the day is:
- Semaphore Skull Caps for all juniors and Semaphore training Shirts for all juniors that have them
- Patrol hats and shirts for seniors and patrolling members.
- If you are a non patrolling parent please wear any Semaphore gear that you have
- Optional tinsel and Christmas decorations – that’s up to you.
More info will be supplied soon.
For any questions and to confirm your attendance and claim a place in a surf boat, please email Steph Breden at email@example.com
The next Semaphore Club proficiency is running on Sunday 28 October so please come along from 11:30am to undertake Bronze & ARTC updates and assessment.
The following need to be completed:
Resuscitation and Radio (SRC and Bronze)
Powercraft (IRB crew & Driver)
All Patrolling members are also required to complete Safer Clubs and Safeguarding Children and Young People Awareness Course which is located in the Safety and Wellbeing rather than in the Skills Maintenance.
Future Semaphore Club Proficiencies:
Sunday 25 November – Tidswell Patrol
Sunday 2 December – Simsy Patrol
Sunday 9 December – Lloydy Patrol
Saturday 15 December – Wickman Patrol
Saturday 29 December – Jones Patrol
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- 20/21 Jnr States Program
- 2020/21 Annual Report
- 2023/24 Membership Renewal
- 2023/24 Memberships @Semaphore SLSC
- 2023/24 Spring / Summer Bistro Menu
- Bar List – Spring / Summer 2023/24
- Bunnings BBQs
- Come and Try Nippers
- First Aid
- Function Enquiry Form
- Functions @ Semaphore SLSC
- Juniors Galleries
- Life Saving
- March Past
- Nippers Season Handbook
- Our Board of Management
- Our Club
- Patrol Clothing and Accessory Catalogue
- Patrol Roster
- Post States Dinner
- Rescue and Resuscitation
- Seabirds Inclusive Nipper Program
- Semaphore SLSC Board of Management and General Business
- Semaphore SLSC Members Card
- Semaphore SLSC Strategic Plan
- Senior Carnival 2 Report
- Senior Carnival 3- Moana
- Seniors Galleries
- Sign up for email updates
- SLSSA – Official Nippers Calendar
- Welcome to Semaphore Surf Life Saving Club
- Welcome to the Semaphore Surf Life Saving Club
- Surf Sports
- Functions, Semaphore Bar and Bistro
- Contact Us
- Terms & Conditions
No images available at the momentFollow Me!