Promoting Beach awareness, community spirit and fun within an inclusive surf lifesaving environment
The Semaphore Seabirds is an inclusive Nippers group for children with additional needs.
This 2020-2021 Surf Life Saving Season will see the inaugural running of this program, as part of the Semaphore SLSC’s commitment to developing inclusivity. The Semaphore Seabirds will run alongside the existing Nippers program with modified activities to cater for the various additional needs.
Our Nippers program strives to promote an environment where all members, particularly the children, are made to feel welcome and at home at our family Club. “Bringing People Together” is our purpose and we hope the establishment of the Seabirds will only further enhance this ethos.
- The program consists of 12 sessions that will run in 2 x 6 week blocks along side our existing nipper program
- Seabirds will have extra volunteer support, including 1 on 1 support for water activities.
- Seabirds will be buddied up with an appropriately qualified Surf Lifesaver
- Seabirds group can be used as a pathway into a Nippers Age group if appropriate.
- Seabirds sessions will start on November 14th 2020
For further information on the program email Kate on firstname.lastname@example.org
To register see the Semaphore Surf Life Saving Club membership page which has all the information and links to assist with registration.
As part of registration all Nippers are also required to fill in associated Health Forms that are available to download via the buttons below. These forms are required to be handed to your Group Manager before beginning training.
Semaphore Surf Life Saving Club is also a Department Recreation, Sport and Racing’s – Sports Voucher registered organisation which allows for a $100 towards membership costs once per year. Details and link to the voucher are also on the membership webpage.
If you have any issues regarding registration please contact the Club registrar via Email email@example.com