SRC & Bronze Medallion Training Last Weekend
Last weekend (5th to 7th of October) approximately 30 of our young members, undertook their SRC & Bronze Top-Up training. In what must surely be record numbers in one intake, the students & trainers committed to 3 days of long and intensive training both in & out of the water. Whilst the weather was pleasant outside of the water, feedback was that each of the students now understand what it is like to be a Polar Bear!!
As a club, Semaphore is extremely proud that such a large percentage of our junior/youth members are transitioning from competition to patrolling members. Given we primarily exist as a Community Volunteer Service Organisation, such large numbers augurs well for the coming years.
Many thanks to Heather Eckert as the principal trainer for the three days. Heather was ably and gratefully assisted by several volunteers handling water cover and other tasks. Thanks also to Jennie Charlton and her team for helping co-ordinate such a monumental achievement. The feedback from all the students was extremely positive both on the training itself as well as our new Training Facilities.
Well done everyone!
A reminder that there will be a Youth Group information BBQ Sunday 23rd September 11am. Come along to hear about the exciting season ahead.
Please RSVP to Luke or Georgia on 0431376722 or 0429066138 before the day.
Luke Zille and Georgia Kenny will be in charge of running the Youth Development Group this season, with a focus on creating a strong team environment and maximising the number of members in the U13-U17 age groups.
On Sunday the 23rd of September the Youth Development Group is having a short information session at the Semaphore Surf Club from 11am-12pm, offering an opportunity to meet coaches, mingle and hear about what the youth group will be doing this season. It would be great to see as many of you there as possible and for those who may know somebody wanting to join the club, please invite them along. For those unable to attend the relevant information will be sent out as to ensure nobody misses out.
Please RSVP by the 12th of September to firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0431376722.
For those with any questions please feel free to contact me at email@example.com or on 0431376722.
Luke Zille & Georgia Kenny
Thanks all for a great first year as the youth development coach of what will hopefully only become a bigger and better program. No training next week due to Jnr Qualifying and the following weeks are Club Champs, Junior and Senior States respectively. Thanks to all that helped and it will be back bigger and better next year.
Youth training is at 10am this Saturday.
It would be great to see everyone out there as we finish strongly for the season.
All U13s are asked to come out as part of their transition process into seniors the following year.
See you on the beach!
Due to the Junior Carnival at Normanville this weekend 10th and 11th February there will be no Youth Training.
Good to see some new faces from the U13s at youth training last week.
ALL U13’s are encouraged to attend Youth Development training at 10am in addition to regular Junior training.
Senior training has begun for the season and we would love to see all our seniors out, whether you are competitive or just training for fitness.
Club (Location will change weekly)
West Lakes Canoe Club
Adjacent West Lakes Canoe Club
West Lakes Canoe Club
Largs Bay Swim Centre $4
- Please meet at kayaking at 4:30 or as close to as possible. Unfortunately, I cannot make this session any later since we will be working in with the kayaking club. More sessions will be introduced ASAP
- Sunday training will change often depending on weather and availability.
- If you require a club board please meet at the club at 4:45pm, if you have a board at home please meet at the location at 5:15 ready for a 5:30pm start. If you can not make it to the club at 4:45 but still want to train, please let Sean McKenzie know (0428953000) and a board can be loaded for you.
- Please be aware some training’s may be cancelled or postponed due to weather.
- Everyone will be required to be wearing high visibility tops and lights on their boards
- The most up to date information about location or cancelling of training’s will be posted in the senior competition Facebook group.
- 193,461 hits