Another reminder that we have a Kids’ Disco at the club this Saturday. All age groups are welcome!
We’ll be serving $5 kids’ pizza meals from 6pm, with the disco kicking off at 6.30pm.
Entry is $5 cash on the door for kids (adults are free!).
There will also be a $10 beer & pizza deal for the big kids.
Request your tunes and let us know you’re coming at the Facebook event page. Hope to see you there!
We will be entering a float at this year’s Port Adelaide Christmas Pageant which is being held on this Saturday evening November 25th in Port Adelaide. It would be great to have as many Juniors and Seniors marching as possible.
We will towing one Surf Boat and will take up to ten juniors in the boat. Names will be taken on a first come first served basis but with priority placed on the younger children getting preference over the older kids. We would love to see any SRC’s and Bronzies in uniform to assist in supervising while the floats are in motion!!!
Dress for the day is:
- Semaphore Skull Caps for all juniors and red Semaphore Shirts for all juniors that have them
- Patrol hats and shirts for seniors and patrolling members.
- If you are a non patrolling parent that wants to walk with the group, please wear any Semaphore gear that you have (you could always stop by the uniform shop on Saturday morning if you don’t)
- Optional tinsel and Christmas decorations.
Participants should be at Lipson St (between St Vincent and Russell St – I think we’ll be closer to St Vincent St) anytime after 4:00pm and before 5:30pm. The Pageant kicks off at 6pm but there are many road closures and experience says getting a park starts getting tricky after 4:30pm. Our float should be recognisable with the Surf Boat but we are in section G.
The Parade ends at Lipson St / St Vincent St intersection.
For any questions and to confirm your attendance and claim a place in a surf boat, please email Steph Breden firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0429 046 362
Look forward to seeing you there!
Click here for details on when and where to assemble, as well as other event details such as parking.
There’s a lot happening at the moment. Further posts with more specific details will follow this newsletter.
A reminder there is a Branch Carnival this Saturday at West Beach Surf Life Saving Club for all Club Members. Come and Try members have the week off and we will see you back at Semaphore next week. Please be on the beach no later than 1pm for our normal Club catch up.
The second Junior Carnival on December 17th has been moved from Christies Beach to Glenelg.
Don’t forget the Semaphore SLSC Junior disco is on December 2nd. Be sure to pop this date on your social calender.
Board training is on this Friday but for it to go ahead we still need 4 x water cover volunteers. Meet on the grass at 5pm and sign in with Steph.
Junior Christmas raffle tickets will be handed out this Saturday. The raffle will be drawn at the Club Christmas break-up on December 16th.
See you on the beach!
There’s lots happening at the Club over the coming months. Keep your eye out for this weekly update. Pop the dates in your diary and be part of the fun at our Family Club!
- Saturday 2/12/17 – Kids’ Disco (6pm – 8.30pm). Join us for all the latest and greatest tunes for the Nippers, plus a sneaky one or two for Mum & Dad! Hot pizza available on the night. https://www.facebook.com/events/141249719957414/?acontext=%7B%22source%22%3A5%2C%22page_id_source%22%3A276857539026344%2C%22action_history%22%3A[%7B%22surface%22%3A%22page%22%2C%22mechanism%22%3A%22main_list%22%2C%22extra_data%22%3A%22%7B%5C%22page_id%5C%22%3A276857539026344%2C%5C%22tour_id%5C%22%3Anull%7D%22%7D]%2C%22has_source%22%3Atrue%7D
- Sunday 10/12/17 – Brekkie on the Balcony (9am – 12 noon). Join us for a range of cooked brekkie options, barista-made coffee and the best view on the Peninsula. https://www.facebook.com/events/1915872678739485/?acontext=%7B%22source%22%3A5%2C%22page_id_source%22%3A276857539026344%2C%22action_history%22%3A[%7B%22surface%22%3A%22page%22%2C%22mechanism%22%3A%22main_list%22%2C%22extra_data%22%3A%22%7B%5C%22page_id%5C%22%3A276857539026344%2C%5C%22tour_id%5C%22%3Anull%7D%22%7D]%2C%22has_source%22%3Atrue%7D
Semaphore SLSC Quiz Night is only a couple of weeks away now. Book your tickets at TryBooking for your chance to secure bragging rights as the smartest team in town!
Donations for the Winners Prize baskets are still being accepted and these can be placed in the box under the TV table at the Clubrooms.
For a copy of the flyer click here
Saturday November Club Quiz night is fast approaching and we are seeking donations for prizes and silent auction items.
Last year’s quiz night was a great success, raising approximately $3500, and we would like to make this year’s even better. With the redevelopment coming up in 2018 the club is needing to raise funds to put towards this venture and other projects in and around the club.
If you would like to contribute in the way of prizes, vouchers, goods or services or in any other way you can think of, please contact Carmel Kenny on 0402241841 or Dot Moffatt on 0407415008 or catch up with one of us around the club.
Start organising your teams for a night of fun and mental exercise.
To everyone that attended the AGM meeting thanks for your support and input into our wonderful Family Club.
So far Board positions that have been filled:
President – Michael Kenny
Deputy President – Mark Donnell
Secretary – Rhys Krauter
Senior Competition Officer – Sean McKenzie
Building and Facilities – Alex Reid
Club Captain – Georgia Robbins
Chief Instructor – Jennie Charlton
Board Positions still vacant:
Junior Competition Officer
Officers of the Club positions that have been filled:
Club Vice Captain – Paul Breden
Membership Registrar – Carmel Kenny
Swim Coordinator – Trent Bampton
Gym Coordinator – Todd Bampton
Communication Officer – Kate Newman
Officers of the Club positions still vacant:
Youth Development Officer
Asset Control Officer
Senior Surf Sports Secretary
There are many roles to play within our Club. As it is run by volunteers we are asking our members to consider supporting by taking up an official role. We appreciate many people are time poor but it’s important that we all pitch in in some way.
Meantime the slab has been poured for our new Rescue Facility. It’s anticipated the official opening will occur on the season’s first day in October. Construction completion expected in less than 10 weeks.
Photos courtesy of Ryan Sullivan.
We look forward to seeing you at the Club this Sunday July 30th for SEVENTIES SUNDAY with the great band DEEP. Bar open from 2pm.
Live Music 4pm – 6pm. Adults $10 per head …. but bring the rest of your body too & all children. $5 Tinny Bar all day!! ALL WELCOME!!!
- Bistro Menu
- Bunnings BBQs
- First Aid
- Juniors Galleries
- Life Saving
- March Past
- Membership at Semaphore SLSC
- Rescue and Resuscitation
- Semaphore SLSC Board of Management and General Business
- Senior Carnival 2 Report
- Senior Carnival 3- Moana
- Seniors Galleries
- Sign up for email updates
- Welcome to the Semaphore Surf Life Saving Club
- Surf Sports
- Functions, Semaphore Bar and Bistro
- Contact Us
- Terms & Conditions