Want to try Surf Life Saving as an activity for your kids without having to commit to a full season then Come and Try is for you.
- Our nipper come and try program runs from season start to Christmas breakup, $20 for 3 attendances. This is a great way to introduce surf lifesaving and to ensure that you and your child want to commit to the full season.
- This $20 will be deducted from the season membership fee if you decide to continue.
- Season membership fees and instructions for how to join can be found on our membership page. It’s important to note that the membership will cover you until after the start next season.
- Training runs from October to March on Saturdays 12:45 to 3pm however in extreme heat the times maybe altered or training cancelled. Once proficient there is also Friday Night Board/Conditioning training from 5pm to 6:30pm.
- We have 8 separate Age Groups (Under 6 to Under 13). Allocation to an Age Group is defined by your child’s age as at Midnight 30th September.
- Under Under 8 to Under 13 Age Groups attend surf carnivals (3 to 4 per year plus State Championships) but that will be up to you to decide when or if your child is interested in competing, it’s not a requirement of our club.
- Under 8 to Under 13 must also complete a proficiency test before being able to fully participate in the water part of the training. Each age group has its own proficiency requirement (involving a float, a parallel to beach swim and an open water swim). But your child will not be alone as every participant must pass each years proficiency requirement for their Age Group.
- It’s important to understand that while we teach beach/water safety and life saving techniques we are not a swim school. Children must be involved in learn to swim classes independently.
- We want you to get involved too. This is not a drop and go activity all kids are required to have a parent/guardian/carer on the beach too. So why not join in the jun. No experience required.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
Long Sleeve Training Top, Broad Brimmed Hat, Sunscreen, Water Bottle, Bathers, Towel and Goggles.
See this seasons our Come and Try Info Sheet (link below) for more details
There will be a Pre-Registration day from 4pm to 6pm on Friday 25th of September 2019 if you would like to come down and take look at our facilities and talk to one of our existing members about the club.
Nipper training will start on 10th October and our registration desk will be open from 11am most Saturdays till mid December. It can get very busy, especially on the first few Saturdays so I suggest being early. Alternatively you can pre-complete the Come and Try Waiver, Health Record & Asthma Form (if required) which can be accessed from the links below
See You on the Beach