https://semaphoreslsc.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Nippers-Comp-6.jpg 686 960 Kate Newman http://semaphoreslsc.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Logo-and-Catchphase-300x197.png Kate Newman2017-11-22 21:05:042017-11-22 21:05:04West Beach Junior Branch Carnival
This Saturday will see the first Junior Branch Carnival held at West Beach. Following is some information about the running of the day, food options and an attachment showing the proposed program and site map. Members are expected on the beach no later than 1pm for our usual catch-up. Come and Try participants have the week off so we’ll see you in Semaphore next week.
- It’s proposed that there are 1-2 people (AGMs etc) in charge of each station to coordinate the events conducted there & keep the group moving through efficiently with the assistance of other AGMs who will move from station to station with the age group.
- Water safety personnel will be in each of the 4 water areas. It would be fantastic to have some of our own water cover volunteers on hand to help out.
- Team events will involve mixed club teams to promote branch integration.
- No results will be recorded on the day as participation will be the focus to ensure everyone has a go.
- WBSLSC will set the beach up so Semaphore SLSC will just need to bring trailers and park as per site map immediately north of club on dirt patch. We’ve been asked to bring a couple of rescue boards for water cover folk. WBSLSC will provide IRBs including drivers/crew.
- Food options for the day include a Sausage Sizzle from 3:15pm – includes a $5 meal deal – sausage in bread + juice box + small donut. This will be located on the grassed area just to the north of the club. There will also be lollies and popcorn available for sale. The Surf Club Cafe will also be open all afternoon and evening for tea, coffee, drinks, chips/wedges, dip platters, ice creams and meals from 5:30pm (best to book at table if staying for dinner 8353 8503)
Click here for proposed program and site map.