Firstly some good news, after a successful junior state titles, some great fundraising efforts and good summer trading we are in a healthy financial position.
As we enter into our off season where we have historically not been as successful and in some years have lost money we need to review how we continue to operate. Looking toward this period and the redevelopment of our club we cannot afford to have a winter trading period that costs us money so we will need the support and understanding of all members as we make some decisions and changes which will impact on how we operate the business side of the club. The first thing you will notice is that we will be reducing staff numbers on many shifts to align with the reduced trading, this will mean that on some nights staff may need your support so I urge all members to chip in and lend a hand if you are at the club and you see a need – pick up a few glasses, take an empty plate back to the kitchen, bring in a few chairs when it gets too cold on the balcony or just ask if there’s anything you can do to help out.
We will continue to monitor our trade and If we find that members and guest numbers pick up and the business needs and can support higher staffing levels we will revisit the changes.
Other things you can do to support our club:
- Keep in touch with other members at the club over the winter period, drop in for a chat, watch a footy game
- Bring family and friends down for a drink and or a meal – show them one of the best sunset, storm, gulf views in town
- Encourage friends to consider us as a function venue
- Organize a fund raising activity (Quiz night, Balcony Sundays, Bunnings BBQs all started from a person with an idea) speak to me or any Board member to get something started and help with support
- Volunteer – there’s always jobs to be done including exciting board positions soon to be announced
- Come along to our strategic planning day and have your say on the future direction of the club. Details announced soon.
Your understanding and ongoing support is greatly appreciated. See you at the club over winter.
0498 492 409