The club is seeking a new functions coordinator to lead us into the rebuild in January 2018. Our current manager is having to step down from this role as their professional job has increased in hours and he no longer has time to complete the tasks.
Some of the roles that this position or team will be responsible for include:
- Responding to enquiries for functions and venue hire (currently 3 to 4 new email or phone enquiries per week)
- Coordinating the delivery of both club and private functions, conferences, and other events.
- Work closely with the Kitchen and Bar staff
- Forecast and discuss stock requirements for functions
- Liaising with club members about facility use for training etc
- Booking Security as appropriate
- Reviewing and proposing ways to maximise income whilst balancing the need to provide a great community service club for our members
- Manage rosters & labour costs for functions to meet budget.
- Communicating with bookkeeper about invoicing customers
- Reviewing finalised payments
We prefer people who possess the following skills and attributes, but can be flexible to the right person/people:
- Experience within a customer service or hospitality environment
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Actively being able to problem solve
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work pro-actively under pressure
- Maintain and build relationships with many stakeholders
- A vision to grow the operation from its current level.
This role will appeal to individuals who see the potential our facility has to be
fully utilized and deliver an economic benefit to maximize our capability to
safely patrol the beach whilst providing excellent competition equipment and
affordability to our members.
The successful person will be given a comprehensive handover and ongoing
support (Which includes support and knowledge from our professional staff).
Please submit your application, including a current CV and a covering
letter to the Treasurer@semaphoreslsc.com.au