Promoting Beach awareness, community spirit and fun within an inclusive surf lifesaving environment
The Semaphore Seabirds is an inclusive Nippers group for children with additional needs.
The 2020-2021 Surf Life Saving Season saw the inaugural running of this program, as part of the Semaphore SLSC’s commitment to developing inclusivity. We are proud to have been named Community Education Program of the Year at the 2021 Surf Life Saving SA Excellence Awards.
The Semaphore Seabirds runs alongside the existing Nippers program with modified activities to cater for the various additional needs. Our Nippers program strives to promote an environment where all members, particularly the children, are made to feel welcome and at home at our family Club. “Bringing People Together” is our purpose and we hope the establishment of the Seabirds will only further enhance this ethos.
- The program consists of sessions that will run along side our existing nipper program
- Seabirds will have extra volunteer support, including 1 on 1 support for water activities.
- Seabirds will be buddied up with an appropriately qualified Surf Lifesaver
- Seabirds can be used as a pathway into a Nippers Age group if appropriate.
- Seabirds sessions will start on November 13th 2021. This is a few weeks later than the overall Nippers program but allows time for warmer weather.
For further information on the program email Kate on email@example.com
To register see the Semaphore Surf Life Saving Club membership page which has all the information and links to assist with registration.
As part of registration all Nippers are also required to fill in associated Health Forms that are available to download via the buttons below. These forms are required to be handed to your Group Manager before beginning training.
Semaphore Surf Life Saving Club is also a Department Recreation, Sport and Racing’s – Sports Voucher registered organisation which allows for a $100 towards membership costs once per year. Details and link to the voucher are also on the membership webpage.
If you have any issues regarding registration please contact the Club registrar via Email firstname.lastname@example.org