This Junior Report includes
- Weekly Duties
- Weekly Training Times
- Junior Carnival Number 2 – Southport
- Post Carnival Wrap-Up and Dinner at the Club
- Competition Fees and Proficiencies
- Nippers Family Movie Night
- Calendar of Events
Canteen – Under 7’s **reminder to bring enclosed shoes**
Board Washing – Under 11’s
This Weeks Training Times
All these training sessions begin with a meeting at the usual muster place
Board Training – Friday 4:45pm
RnR Training 5 Person – Saturday 9am RnR Training 2 Person – Saturday 10:30am or 3pm
March Past – Team B – Saturday 11:45am | Team A – Saturday 12:00pm
Nipper Surf Training – Saturday 12:45pm
Junior Carnival 2 – Southport
The 2nd Junior Carnival is scheduled for next Sunday at Southport SLSC which is approximately an hour drive from Semaphore Surf Life Saving Club. Its also a good 10min walk from the Car Park to the Surf Club so please take these factors into consideration when you arrange your drive. See the map below to get an idea of what I’m talking about
Please see the schedule below for timings and note that R&R will start at 7:15am with March Past to follow at 8am then the mainstream events from 8:30am. Those competing in these events must arrive early to prepare.
Post Carnival Wrap-Up and Dinner at the Club
Following this Sunday’s Junior Carnival at Southport, we will be holding a ‘Wrap-up’ and Dinner back at the Club from around 5.30pm in the Bistro area.
A limited Menu of Fish & Chips, Beef or Chicken Schnitzel plus a Vegetarian option will be operational, at a ‘special’ members only price.
This is a great way to feed your family after spending the day on the beach and celebrate the achievements of the day in a Club atmosphere.
Competition Fees and Proficiencies
At this point in the season it is important to understand the following
- Only Nippers that have achieved all required Competencies for their Age Group and have competed in at least 1 of the 3 Junior Carnivals will be eligible to be entered in the Junior State Championship Carnivals. Competencies include both Swimming Proficiency Tests and Surf Education Modules. To understand the required competencies please speak to yourAge Group Manager.
- You must have paid the Competition Fee which is normally paid as part of Membership but can also be paid afterwards. The Registrar will be providing us with a list of those who have not met this criteria.
Nippers Family Movie Night 16th Feb
If you enjoyed the disco you’ll love this. Bring your bean bags/cushions/pillows etc and watch a couple of flicks with your surf mates
More info to follow….
Things are ramping up for the last half of our season, keep an eye out for calendar updates for the following inclusions – Nipper Club Championships Day, Semaphore Gold, Break-Up / Presentation Day
|Sun 13th Jan||Junior Carnival #2 – incl U14/15’s||Southport SLSC|
|Sat 9th Feb||Junior Nipper Training ||Port Elliot SLSC|
|Sun 10th Feb||Junior Carnival #3||Port Elliot SLSC|
|Sat 16th Feb||R&R State Championships||Grange SLSC|
|Sat 16th Feb||Nippers Family Movie Night||Semaphore SLSC|
|Sun 24th Feb||Junior State Championships Day 1||Somerton SLSC|
|Sat 23rd Mar||Junior State Championships Day 2||Pt Noarlunga SLSC|
|Sun 24th Mar||Junior State Championships Day 3||Pt Noarlunga SLSC|