A meeting will be held at the Club on Thursday 2nd January at 5:30pm for anyone interested in doing their SRC (Surf Rescue Certificate) or Bronze (Certificate II in Public Safety Aquatic Rescue).
A course will be held in January on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Further information will be available at the meeting.
Parents and U12’s or U13’s who are 13 or turning 13 in the near future are welcome.
Participants must be 13 to sit the assessment for SRC (although you can do the training and then be assessed once you turn 13) and 15 to sit the Bronze assessment.
Pre requisites are:
- 400 m swim in 9 minutes (Bronze)
- 200 m swim in 5 minutes (SRC)
- First Aid course (available at discounted rate via Surf Lifesaving website) (this can be completed in January)
- Access to Training manual – behind bar for $35
- Access to online training portal
Please come along on Thursday 2nd January at 5:30pm if you are interested. You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
This is likely to be the last chance this season to gain your SRC or Bronze so don’t miss out.