The club is looking to employ a casual Responsible Person badged bar attendant. If this is you, and you would like to work with the awesome team at the club, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
The club is seeking a new functions coordinator to lead us into the rebuild in January 2018. Our current manager is having to step down from this role as their professional job has increased in hours and he no longer has time to complete the tasks.
Some of the roles that this position or team will be responsible for include:
- Responding to enquiries for functions and venue hire (currently 3 to 4 new email or phone enquiries per week)
- Coordinating the delivery of both club and private functions, conferences, and other events.
- Work closely with the Kitchen and Bar staff
- Forecast and discuss stock requirements for functions
- Liaising with club members about facility use for training etc
- Booking Security as appropriate
- Reviewing and proposing ways to maximise income whilst balancing the need to provide a great community service club for our members
- Manage rosters & labour costs for functions to meet budget.
- Communicating with bookkeeper about invoicing customers
- Reviewing finalised payments
We prefer people who possess the following skills and attributes, but can be flexible to the right person/people:
- Experience within a customer service or hospitality environment
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Actively being able to problem solve
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work pro-actively under pressure
- Maintain and build relationships with many stakeholders
- A vision to grow the operation from its current level.
This role will appeal to individuals who see the potential our facility has to be
fully utilized and deliver an economic benefit to maximize our capability to
safely patrol the beach whilst providing excellent competition equipment and
affordability to our members.
The successful person will be given a comprehensive handover and ongoing
support (Which includes support and knowledge from our professional staff).
Please submit your application, including a current CV and a covering
letter to the Treasurer@semaphoreslsc.com.au
For those heading away this Easter, please drive safely and come back in one piece. Have a lovely holiday!
If you’re staying local and plan on coming down the club, here are our Easter trading hours
Thursday April 13 – normal Bistro (and club member draw)
Friday – closed
Saturday – closed
Sunday – function 12. – 4pm open to public 4pm – 7-8pm ish
Monday – closed
Have a happy Easter.
Firstly a special mention this week…
That’s a wrap for Ella Andrews, Naish Allen, Emily Atwell, Sarah Edwards, Neli Hickman, Matilda Kaftan, Will Larven, Willis Lienert and Teagan Richards as they compete for the last time under the junior banner, we wish them all well competing on their home turf at Junior States this coming weekend.
Just a reminder we have no board training on Friday night with R&R marshalling commencing at 5.00pm on Friday afternoon with competition starting at 5.30pm. Click here for the Junior R&R State Champs Program.
Meals will be available from 5.00pm Friday, Saturday & Sunday over the weekend at the club.
Please note both days start at 8.15am so all competitors will need to be on the beach no later than 7.45am. Click here for the Junior States Program.
Car parking is on the reserve with a $2 donation to the Rotary Club of West Lakes who will be organising the car parking on both days. The entrance to the car park will be via the gate at the southern end of the reserve closer to Recreation Parade. Click here for State Titles Location Map 2017 (2)
We still require assistance with the food and drink stalls on Saturday and Sunday afternoon if you can assist please text me with your name.
Junior end of season presentation will commence after the beach has been packed up and everyone has had a chance to get something to eat on Sunday afternoon. Don’t forget your shaving cream for the traditional shaving cream fight at the end of the competition.
Meals will commence from 5.00pm with the after carnival menu consisting of:
- Beef/ chicken schnitzels with choice of gravy
- Tandoori chicken
- Fish and chips
- Falafel or chicken salad
- Spaghetti Bolognese
I would like to take the opportunity to wish all our competitors both junior and seniors all the very best for the weekend and see you on the beach.
The Senior state championship and Club championship presentation will be held this weekend, with a delicious menu on offer. Come along and support our Senior members who have had a big year of training and competition.
Meals from 6pm Sunday 12th
March Presentation 7.30
Chicken $ Beef schnitzel
Penna pasta with carbonara sauce
Come and celebrate what was another great season of competition at Semaphore.
All members welcome.
Head to the Semaphore SLSC this Australia Day for a frothy, some tucker and a few tunes!
The bar will open at 5pm.
Meals get underway at 6pm.
Oysters – 6 for $13 or 12 for $25
Good old Aussie Lamington and a Coffee $7
The Triple J Hottest 100 will be playing.
A great way to spend a few hours before the Semaphore Fireworks kick off.
Come and join us on the Balcony and celebrate what’s great about the Country we live in!
Nippers Christmas Celebration December 10 2016.
After training on this day we will have a christmas celebration. All children to bring a plate to share.
Girls – Savoury
Boys – Sweets
Suggested items are party pies, pizza, sandwiches, cocktail franks etc
Sweets –slices, cupcakes, fruit
NO nuts please.
Please bring all plates to the kitchen at the start of training. Volunteers are required so please come and see Lorren,Wendy or Catherine.
After training all children will have the chance to see Father Christmas and receive a small treat.
Age groups will finish training at all different times to
Parents, please wait until all children have eaten before having your turn.
- Friday 6-7 club members draw
- Saturday 1130 canteen
- Saturday 7-12 pm private function
- Sunday Nipper carnival 1 is at Somerton, meals will be served at the club afterwards.
- Bistro Menu
- Bunnings BBQs
- First Aid
- Juniors Galleries
- Life Saving
- March Past
- Membership at Semaphore SLSC
- Rescue and Resuscitation
- Semaphore SLSC Board of Management and General Business
- Seniors Galleries
- Sign up for email updates
- Welcome to the Semaphore Surf Life Saving Club
- Surf Sports
- Functions, Semaphore Bar and Bistro
- Contact Us
- Terms & Conditions