Semaphore Surf Life Saving Club is proud to be hosting the ASRL SA 2017 Awards Night.
Semaphore Surf Life Saving Club
6:30pm for 7:00pm start$45pp (not inclusive of alcohol)
$5 Drink specials
(Beer, Wine, Cider, Champagne)
Gourmet Cocktail Food includedDress to impress: Cocktail Attire
Point Malcolm Reserve
Semaphore Park, South Australia 5019
After reviewing entries for Senior States Day 1, the Youth Cameron heats will not be run this weekend.
All those entered this weekend have automatically qualified for the Cameron finals that will be run on day 3 of States as per program.
** No further entries will be taken for this event ( Please note: Youth Male may need to run a semi on Day 3 pending conditions at Moana).
Day 2 & 3 programs will be released in the coming days.
We have reviewed the officials quota for Senior States Day 1, due to only running two water Arenas & No sprints or flags for this event.
Clubs who required 2- 4 officials have dropped by 1, clubs who required 5+ officials has dropped by 2. Updated requirements can be found in the attached circular.
- As per previous seasons – we do not allow entries on the day for championship events. If you have any entrants you would like to entered that is not on your ems, you need to notify State Centre prior to noon the working day before the carnival.
This is so eligibility requirements can be checked for both Juniors & Seniors. You will still be able to change entries for competitors already entered into the carnival on the day ( Administration fees apply).
- As per previous seasons – Clubs can only nominate One team for the All Age Beach Relay
Master Surf Boats @ South Port
- Please see attached note from South Port SLSC regarding festivities down at the club
8:30am carnival committee meeting
8:40am team managers meeting
8:50am marshal for first race
For categories with 6 or less crews there will be three rounds of round robin and for categories with 7+ there will be three rounds and a final
Senior States Day 2 & 3 @ Moana
- Moana Surf Club is open for meals on Friday prior to states from 6pm. The club serves a variety of “pub style” meals at $15 and under. They will also be putting on some specials for Senior States competitors. Bookings are essential to Karen on 0439 081 258 email@example.com
- The club is also considering opening for meals on the Saturday evening, although this is down to interest. For any competitors staying at the campsite, this might be ideal for you. If you are interested in a group booking, please contact Karen.
- Moana Beach Tourist Park has some great deals on for the weekend, book in quick as spaces are going fast! Contact Barry on 8327 0677
The senior group has Tarooki Campsite booked for the Robe carnival on the 11th and 12th of February. Taroorki is a 72 bed bunkhouse comprising of 7 bunk rooms and 4 double ensuite rooms (single beds). It also has a professional kitchen, cool room and hall. Cost is $27/person/night. Any club members are welcome to join the senior comp group for a great weekend away. Please see Craig Lienert to secure your spot or email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
State team selection:
Two of our competitors have been selected to represent the state at the Interstate Championships on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Congratulations to Nic Schulz and Connor Tunbridge who will be proudly wearing the Semaphore cap in Queensland from January 20. The Senior comp group is very proud of you both as I’m sure the whole club is. We know you will perform at your very best and represent your club and state to the best of your ability. Good luck from all of us.
New Boat captain:
With the recent resignation of Aaron Low as boat captain Steve Simms has stepped up to fill the role for the remainder of the season. Aaron has also stepped down as club sweep. Marty Davidson will be sweeping at carnivals with Paul Johnstone assisting with training duties.
Steve (Simsy) Simms has called a meeting for all crews and individuals to discuss the way ahead for the remainder of the season. The meeting will be on Saturday 14th Jan at 4.00 pm at the club. Please attend if you can.
I would also like to thank Aaron for his incredible efforts over the past few years. Your drive and passion will be missed.
Middleton beach really turned it on last Sunday with surf in the 2 to 3 foot range on the sets. We had a strong contingent of male competitors in all age groups bar masters and one female competitor. It would be great to see some more girls competing at the next carnival. Having said that the U23 woman boat crew performed very well in strong surf conditions with new sweep Marty D. The girls secured 3rd at the completion of 5 tough races. Great effort girls, I really think you are in contention for a medal at states.
Many thanks to our officials and water cover who attended. Without these people we would not be unable to compete or the carnival be held.
8@8 Ski racing 14th January at Brighton (8am) see Ocean paddling facebook page
West beach pink and blue swim 21 January
Champ lifesaver/Champ patrol 4th February Southport
Craig Lienert senior competition officer.