Former Club Captain Paul Breden has taken on the role of Club President at Semaphore SLSC, describing the election to the position as an honour and a privilege. He was formally announced as the Club’s new leader at the AGM on Sunday by outgoing President Mick Kenny.
Raelene Donnell continues as Vice President, while former Communications Officer Kate Newman is the new Secretary, Brad Clee the Treasurer and Andrew Edwards has stepped up to become Club Captain.
Heather Eckert continues as Chief Instructor, Craig Andrews is the new Senior Sports Officer and Ian Biggs remains the Junior Sports Officer. Alli Bampton continues in her role as Buildings and Facilities Officer, while Mick Jarvis has taken on Corporate and Community Relations Officer.
Other Club Officers announced:
- Club Vice Captain – Damien Puyenbroek
- Membership Registrar – Steph Breden
- Asset Control Officer – Heather Eckert
- IRB Coordinator – Mick Jarvis
- Boat Coordinator – Steve Sims
- Swim Coordinator – Sam Brown
- Board Coordinator – Sean McKenzie
- Beach Coordinator – Jeff Bampton
- Gym Coordinator – Todd Bampton
- Touring Team Manager – Michelle Richards
There are still a number of Officer positions available and we are encouraging members to consider one of these roles. No experience is necessary, simply a willingness to be a part of a dynamic team that is focused on moving the Club forward. Roles still vacant include:
- Vice Patron
- Junior Surf Sports Secretary
- Senior Surf Sports Secretary
- Communications and Media Officer
- Youth Development Officer
- Apparel Officer
- Ski Coordinator
- Canteen Manager
- Inclusion Officer
If you would like to discuss any of these roles further please email email@example.com
Meantime one of our former Presidents Neil Bisset was awarded a Life Membership, acknowledgement of his commitment to the Club and Surf Lifesaving SA.
The New Board of Management would like to thank Mick Kenny and the previous Board and Club Officers for their efforts during a time of great change and development.
Board Members are excited about the Club’s future and are committed to moving forward as a Family Club, bringing people together.